Let's begin this journey together
For those of you who are doing “new year, new me”, good for you! It’s always a good time to better yourself. I just want to touch on a few points to help you to continue strong for the whole year and beyond!
1. If you set a goal for yourself and you fall off track at some point, don’t beat yourself up about it. Life happens. Just reflect on what is happening in your life and then jump right back into your goals. No harm done. A few bad days doesn’t equal failure. Hell, even a few bad months. It happens.
2. Speaking of goals, make sure you set some! S.M.A.R.T goals are a great way to hold yourself accountable. Make sure to write down all goals you have! “A goal without a plan is just a dream.” – Brian Tracy
3. Don’t “diet”, change your lifestyle: diets don’t work in the long run. You may lose the weight you want with a diet, but chances are it will come back plus some. Instead, change your eating habits. Reduce the amount of sugar and simple carbs that you eat, but whatever you do, don’t deprive yourself.
4. Pace yourself. Especially when it comes to working out. Don’t go so hard in the gym that you have to take a whole week off just to recover. Take your time and make sure you have a plan. If you don’t know how to make a plan, well, good news, there are these people called personal trainers (like myself) whose entire job is to help you work out! Wow, no way!!
5. Be proud of yourself. No matter what your goal is and matter what you accomplish, be proud of yourself. Do your best no matter what! You will reach your goals!
Anna Forcier loves elephants, unicorns, sunshine, and rainbows!